5. Which weather station model indicates the greatest
probability of precipitation?
6. Which weather station model shows the highest relative
7. The dewpoint temperature of the air is determined to be
10.ºC. If the accepted value for the dewpoint
temperature on that day is 12ºC, what is the percent
deviation from the accepted dewpoint value?
1) 16.7% 3) 13.9%
2) 2.0% 4) 83.3%
8. Which atmospheric condition will cause the greatest
amount of evaporation from the surface of a lake?
1) calm, dry, cold 3) calm, moist, hot
2) moist, cold, windy 4) dry, hot, windy
9. During which phase change does water absorb the most
1) freezing 3) condensation
2) melting 4) evaporation
10. In the Northern Hemisphere, in which direction does
surface wind circulate in a high-pressure air mass?
1) clockwise and toward the center
2) clockwise and away from the center
3) counterclockwise and toward the center
4) counterclockwise and away from the center
11. In the Northern Hemisphere, what is the direction of
surface wind circulation in a low-pressure system?
1) counterclockwise and outward from the center
2) counterclockwise and toward the center
3) clockwise and outward from the center
4) clockwise and toward the center